Task 3: Create and justify a planned animation (P5, P6)

Learning Outcome 3:  Be able to create a planned animation 

P5:  Create the content for the animation


Characters:
When choosing the characters for my stop motion animation the easiest decision which was made was to choose to use toy animated characters that allow their limbs to move, in a similar form to ours.  Initially, when choosing my animated characters their arms and legs didn’t move, therefore couldn’t be used.  Ensuring their arms and legs move, allows the shots to flow nicely into one another, as well as allowing that the characters look as lifelike as possible, and allowing them to look less mechanical.  Furthermore, when choosing the characters for the zombies, I bought wooden blocks, and by using paint and pens to colour in and draw zombie features on their bodies such as the blood from their eyes.  By painting the wooden blocks creates a realistic zombie which would be used within the animation. 



Backplates:

When printed these were the backplates that I used to construct my animation.  As

you can see I did not use a green screen, therefore the 2D backplates had to be kept in the same position to make the images flow nicely into one another.  The reasoning behind me not deciding to use a green screen was primarily due to wanting to create the best quality of photographs throughout the animation when moving the characters.  


I printed these backplates on A3 paper, before filming the animation there were seven backplates that I was going to use initially.  But when it came to filming I decided to remove one of the backplates that showcase Leichester Square.  I decided to not incorporate this backplate as it was very similar to others used.  Whilst taking the photo's I had to ensure that the backplates didn't move, therefore placed heavy objects on each corner.

























Setting Up Equipment:

A tripod, allows a camera or phone to be kept in the same position.  As it provides stability against forces.  Therefore, I decided to borrow one from my school, as this ensures that when placing a camera on top that the images would be taken in the same position.  The objective of stop motion animation is that the camera should be kept in the same position whilst the objects are being moved.  Therefore by borrowing a tripod and using my own camera can enable this to take place.







Creating the animation:

Below you are able to see me setting up the equipment, whilst physically manipulating the characters during the filming of the animation. 












Storyboard:


This is my storyboard, for the majority of my animation, the storyboard influenced the creation of my stop motion animation.  The storyboard created guidance and structure for my filming, as well as allowing me to remember what the order of the scenes is.  Within the second and third boxes on my storyboard, I had to slightly change this.  As I used 2D backplates I was unable to find a circular bench based in Leicester Square, therefore had to compromise and chose a marble straight bench, where the family could sit around.  


Furthermore, another change that I made, that wasn’t shown in the storyboard was the angle at which the shots would be taken at.  Throughout the storyboard, a wide range of shots is shown such as middle, wide, and close up.  When filming my stop motion animation I decided to place the camera at the same position for the whole duration of the animation.  This guarantees that the camera doesn’t move position and cause distractions.  And therefore ensures the shots role into one another producing a high-quality outcome. 


Moreover, another change which I made whilst filming this production, are the characters.  As shown in the storyboard I drew my characters are stickmen.  And therefore initially chose characters where they will be in the same position the whole time.  Later on, after discussions were held, I decided to change my characters that had their legs and arms able to move around, as this allows them to look like they can move.


Audio And Effects:

By making an audio and effect shot, allowed me to ensure that the edition was done to the best of its ability.  By making this I was able to check that the sound effects and music was done correctly.  










To create the VoiceOver’s I used the app Voice Memos and created around 10-15 voiceovers that would be involved within my animation.  From then I sent these VoiceOvers to my computer where I exported them and placed them onto I movie, where I layered this against the music, and the audience would be able to hear both the music and voice-over.















Monday.com/Gantt chart:

Below is a chart that has tracked the process from my previous Gantt chart, this showcases the tasks that were achieved and the deadlines which they reached.  Furthermore, below shows contingency that could have taken place, when creating the final product.









P6:  Complete and edit the animation in line with the plan




Log Sheet:

Furthermore, creating a log sheet allowed me to keep track of all elements in my animation, and ensuring the order of my animation is correct, as this features the details of my stop motion animation. 


























Creation Of The Animation:


I decided to place an iconic song, whilst the animation video is playing.  The purpose of this is to ensure that the audience doesn’t become bored when there is no sound playing.  The song that I chose was ‘I feel it coming in the air tonight by ‘Phil Collins’.  Furthermore, playing this popular song in the background creates a lasting impression on the viewers and signifies a positive relationship. 



Not only did I make my family members create zombie noises themselves, but I also lookup online for loud zombie sound effects, that could also be used.  By this taking place, it creates a wide diversity of sounds for the audience to hear.  This makes the animation interesting and creates a thrilling aspect. 





To create the final animation, I used I Movie for this to take place.  This application allowed me to place all the shots that were taken and create the film.  I movie also enabled me to edit and place music and sound effects behind the sh
ots.


In the last two scenes of my animation, I incorporated factual information about the march that will be taking place at Leicester Square.  Such as the location, and date.  By this being shown at the end of the animation it enables the audience to remember this information. 


















Final Product:

This is my final animation, as I used backplates instead of a blue/green screen it was difficult to keep the backplates in the same position whilst having to move the characters around.  Therefore this is a difficulty that I faced whilst making this stop motion animation.  Furthermore, before the filming took place I created other shots to be included in the animation, but during the filming, these shots weren’t taken as they added no significant value to the video. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Task 2: Planning An Animation (P3, P4, M2)

Task 4: Create and justify a planned animation (M3, D2)